We, the MES Indian School Teachers and students, are forced to participate in the Asian Cup as slaves to fill the stadium in the name of ASIAN CUP hoisted by the QATAR. The MES Indian School 2000 students and 150 staff are forced to watch in the Khalifa non roof top stadium for three times such as Group A match between China and Qatar on 12-01-11, the semi-final between Australia and Uzbekistan on 25-01-11, and the final between Australia and Japan on 29-01-11. It is a fact that Qatar does not have the viewers from their own nationalities in ASIAN CUP Foot ball match. They hoist this event in order to pretend among other nations that they are developed and sports loving Nation. But the fact is that the government and organising committee force the business group and companies to purchase the ticket of foot ball match and statistically prove in front of the International agencies that the ticket are sold out. This is viewed by agencies as the enthusiasm of the QATARIES to participate in the match. But the reality is that those companies won’t have required staff and persons to view the match and stadium remains empty. Then these organising committees approach the schools and other institutions to send their students to view the match. They print ticket like corporate child and distribute the ticket freely at school and even escort their buses to stadium in order to fill the empty seats over there. The tragedy and slavery begins from this decision of the committee to distribute the ticket to school children. The school authorities, who are always ready to please the government authorities in order to get favours in the governmental inspection of fire and safety and other lawful requirements, take up this request with keen interest and force every child and staff to participate in the match. The staff and students, who have reached in the school at 6.45 A.M. is compulsorily asked by the management and Principal to stay at school till 11.00 p.m. for participating in the match.
The regular school timings in Qatar starts at 6.45 a.m. and ends at 1.30 p.m. and staff and students return to their homes after the school hours. But when there is foot ball match the staff and students are not taken home at 1.30. p.m. because it will cause expenses to school for flying the vehicles. So these students and staff are forced to stay at school till 6.00 p.m. and then they are taken by the school buses to stadium under the police escort. Thus they reach in the stadium without their lunch, tea and necessary latrine and bathroom needs. Then these sections of the people are force to sit in the Khalifa stadium where there is no roof top in the bare plastic chairs without necessary warm clothes in this severe winter season till the match get finished. Usually the foot ball match of ASIAN CUP starts at 7.15 p.m. and ends at 9.30 p.m. after the match the teachers have to ensure that every student has returned to the same buses in which they have arrived. This process itself will take one hour, because 2000 students and 150 staff are participating in this event. So there will be 50 buses in that area and it is difficult for the student to identify the exact buses in that busy area where all other vehicles came to stadium have parked. After ensuring the number of students and teachers manually count the students, the buses move back to school at 10.30 p.m. under the police escort. These buses reach in the school by 11.00 p.m. After that the staff and student have to return to their homes, which will take another one hour in the busy traffic due to these events. So actually the students and staff reaches at their residence only by 12.00 p.m. Then some have to cook food and all have to take bath and have supper before we go to sleep at 1.00 p.m. and report to school on the next day at 6.45 a.m. for regular classes. In order to reach at school at 6.45 a.m. each of us have to get up at 4.00 a.m. to have our morning bathroom, bath and cooking and travel. So we get only a sleep and rest of three hours at night due to this compulsory participation of staff and students of MES Indian School, AbuHamour, Doha, Qatar.
Therefore we have simple suggestions towards all agencies that control these events and conduct matches.
1. Don’t invite the School students and staff in order to participate in these matches as viewers.
2. Please don’t allot these kinds of international matches to countries, where its own citizens don’t like to watch the matches.
3. Ensure that the hoisting countries follow the international law of justice and adhere to the principles of Liberty, equality and fraternity.
4. The government persons, especially the second in command of Qatar, request the Indian and other nationalities school to report to these events as viewers. But they won’t approach their own government and independent schools, where the children of Qataris study, to send the students and staff to watch the match.
5. It shows the Muslim nations of Middle East consider other nationalities as their slaves and ensure the enslavement of these persons through sponsorship laws. Therefore the democratic and modern free nations should not send their citizens to Middle East Countries unless and until they abolish the sponsorship laws for foreign Nationalities.
6. The International Matches like ASIAN CUP, WORLD CUP Foot ball Matches shouldn’t be given to these nations who ensure the enslavement of citizens of other nationalities through draconian shariat laws and sponsorship laws. Why should a labourer pay to another person out of his hard earned money to stay and work in Middle East? Why can’t the Muslims of Middle East Nations work and earn their livelihood rather than earn their livelihood through sponsorship laws and high rent?
I hope the international media and agencies and Democratic Nations will consider these suggestions and make necessary corrections in their policies to send their citizens to other nations or hoist certain matches in other nations. The sports are vents that liberate the minds of persons and bring unity among the citizens of different Nations. And these events shouldn’t be hoisted in those countries where enslavement and compulsory attendance is forced upon the foreign nationals. Expecting a reply and favourable actions and unity in bringing basic human right of a person to watch any event, I remain.